Clearing the Certification isn’t considered to be that much easy, you have to go through rigorous training and lots of ISACA CISA Dumps would be needed to go through unless you have some expertise training courses like such offered at the ITCertDumps.
Getting a leg up in the information security is no easy
feat these days. In other words, it demands commitment, knowledge, and a fair
amount of training. Therefore, Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
certification provides information security management responsibilities to
ensure the safety of data’s storage and security.
Hence, to ensure success in CISM certification exam, we highly recommend you to read the article below. However, The article encompasses: exam details, course outline, scheduling and other relevant details to prepare for the CISM exam.
Why to go for CISM?
demand for skilled information security management professionals is on the rise
and thus, the CISM certification is ubiquitous. Moreover, they know how to
manage and adapt technology to their enterprise and industry.
Follow the points below to support the
- Firstly, it demonstrates your understanding of
the relationship between an information security program and broader
business goals and objectives
- Moreover, it distinguishes you as having not
only information security expertise, but also knowledge in the development
of an information security program
- Further, it puts you in an elite peer network
- Above all, it is considered essential to
ongoing education, career progression and value delivery to enterprises.
Why Employers seek CISMs?
Nowadays, the employers at
enterprises and the government agencies are behind CISMs. Therefore, they expect their existing
professionals to hold the CISM certification. Reasons to same are given below:
- Firstly, it Identifies the critical issues and customize the practices that are specific to the company
- Moreover, it brings credibility to the organization as you can support and govern the information security
- Further, it demonstrates to the customers about the company’s commitment to security and integrity
- Then, It contributes to compliance issues and attract customers and retain existing customers as well
- Above all, it enhances the organization’s security program and related objectives
Before you test your knowledge or skill, it is highly
important to give a quick look at exam overview. Therefore, consider the points
below to appear for the CISM exam.
CISM Exam exhibits in-depth knowledge of the relationship between information
security programs and broader business goals and objectives.
CISM-certified employees provide enterprises with an information security
management certification recognized by organizations and clients around the
After exam overview come the exam details. It is always good
to have details before you appear for the actual exam.
The CISM exam comprises 200 multiple choice and multi-responsive questions. You have to score 450 or more points in a time period of 4 hours. Further, the exam costs $575 USD for member and $760 for non-members with additional taxes. Above all, the exam is available in English, Japanese and Spanish language.
Exam Details for CISM Exam:
Prerequisites for the Exam
requirement differ from exam to exam. In other words, each exam has its own
eligibility requirements which play a crucial role to appear for the exam. For your convenience, we have provided all
the relevant details below:
CISM certification involves experienced information security managers and those with information security management responsibilities including –
Course outline includes a document that outlines the
structure of a particular course. Therefore, to take and pass the CISM
certification exam, follow the four major domains given below:
Information Security Governance (24%)
Domain 1 states the expertise to establish and maintain an
information security governance framework.
Moreover, it confirms your ability to develop and oversee
an information security governance framework.
Managing Information Risk (30%)
Domain 2 denotes advanced ability to manage information
risk to an acceptable level, facilitating the attainment of organizational
Further, it demonstrates expertise in classifying
DEVELOPING AND MANAGING AN INFORMATION SECURITY PROGRAM
Domain 3 creates ability to develop and maintain an
information security program that identifies, manages and protects the organization’s
In addition, it attests to ability to ensure the
information security program adds value while supporting operational objectives
INFORMATION SECURITY INCIDENT MANAGEMENT (19%)
Domain 4 upholds capacity to plan, establish and recovery
from information security incidents to minimize business impact.
Moreover, it builds your skills in accurately classifying
and categorizing information security incidents and developing plans.
Schedule the Exam
Once you go through all the relevant details, its time you schedule the exam. Scheduling your CISM exam is an easy task. Therefore, All you need is follow the steps below:
Acquiring the certification isn’t going to be an easy task, but if you have the expertise help of the ISACA CGEIT Dumps offered at the ITCertDumps, you would be able to achieve it in a single attempt.
- Firstly, it
is important to verify there is a test site available before you register and
pay for your exam. After that, search by location and date to take your exam as
once you verify that there is a testing site available where and when you need
it, you can register for your exam.
- Further, you
can pay for your exam at the same time you register, or you can pay
Payment is required before you schedule your exam
- Lastly, now
that you have ensured site availability, registered and paid, you can schedule
your exam. Schedule your exam here.
Request for Special Accommodation
For instance, if you
have a disability, you can request for special accommodation during the
registration process and approved by ISACA.
Therefore, if you want
to request a special accommodation, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, indicate need for special accommodation
when registering for the exam.
- After that, open and print the special accommodation request
- Further, complete the form with your health care professional.
- Above all, Submit the form here for review and approval
All requests should be
submitted to ISACA no later than four weeks prior to your preferred exam date.
Moreover, the request is only valid for that one exam administration.
Note: The basis of test accommodations is to
provide examinees with full access to the test. In other words, they don’t
offer a guarantee of improved performance or test completion.
Reschedule/Cancel the Exam
Candidates who are
unable to take the exam on determinable date and time should reschedule their
exam. However, it must be done at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled
Candidates should either
take their scheduled exam or forfeit their registration fees. Further, there is
no charge for rescheduling. In other words, you can reschedule your
testing appointment online by following the steps given below:
Firstly, log in to
your ISACA profile at www.isaca.org/myisaca
Secondly, click on
“Certifications & CPE Management”
Thirdly, click the
link to “Reschedule or Cancel Your Exam”.
you retake the exam?
Is it possible to retake the
exam? You might have this question fluttering in your head. Well here is good
news for you. To clarify, you can retake the exam maximum of 3 times in
a twelve-month period.
In order to protect the integrity of ISACA’s certificate exam. Therefore, ISACA has implemented the following retake policy:
have 4 attempts in a period of 12 months to pass the exam. In other words,
those who do not pass are allowed to retake the
exam a total of 3 more times.
candidates should wait 30 days from the date of the first attempt
Secondly, candidates should wait 90 days after the date of the second and third attempt.
Recertification of the Exam
have passed the CISM exam, it is important that you maintain an adequate level
of skill and proficiency. In order to retain the certification, CISMs must
comply with the following requirements:
- Firstly, complete and document a minimum of 20 CPE hours within an appropriate and relevant CISM environment.
- Secondly, submit your annual CPE maintenance fees in full to ISACA international headquarters.
- Thirdly, complete and document a minimum of 120 CPE hours over a three-year reporting period.
- Fourthly, provide required documentation of CPE activities if audited. However, this can happen if a CISM is randomly selected to provide written evidence of previously reported CPE activities.
- Fifthly, comply with ISACA’s Code of Professional Ethics.
- Sixth, support and comply with all appropriate governance and management standards related to information systems and technology.
- After that, perform duties objectively, with diligence and care.
- Further, lawfully serve the interests of stakeholders and maintain a high degree of personal conduct and character.
- After that, Protect the privacy of any information and do not use it for personal benefit or gain.
- Above all, approach all undertakings with a realistic sense of completion.
Putting Things Together
Apparently CISM is a difficult certification to secure for potential candidates. In addition, there are certain steps that need to put together to become CISM certified. Thus, Testprep Training outlines each one so that you have a better idea of how to approach it.
STEP 1: Create a Study Plan
First thing first, create your study plan and be
realistic about your work and life obligations. Moreover, there are other
factors to consider while creating your study plan including:
- How soon you can take the examination? Check the PSI website and find a time that works for you.
- After that, how much can you spend on preparation material and training courses?
- In addition, what training method best suits you? Some people prefer self-learning, whereas others think there is no substitute for the classroom. Therefore, use your past learning experiences to help you pick the method to help you prepare best.
- Above all, how well acquainted are you already with the exam subjects? Your personal experience can save you some studying time, however you should take into consideration factors such as the exam length and question logic.
STEP 2: Read the ISACA’s Exam Candidate Information Guide
- Every year, ISACA issues an updated version of its
candidate guide. This particular guide provides lots of practical information
for the CISM exam.
- Secondly, this particular guide aims to make
candidate familiar with what to
expect on the day of the exam.
- Moreover, it contains valuable information such as
the exam domains, number of exam questions, exam length and languages. Remember,
no candidate should take the CISM exam without reading this guide.
STEP 3: Join the CISM Exam Study Community
- The CISM Exam Study Community is sponsored by ISACA and is freely obtainable to every candidate. Moreover, it allows the sharing of questions, study methods and tips for the exam.
- Secondly, past top candidates coordinates this community and is responsible for moderating message boards, facilitating and even driving discussions.
- Further, it is an amazing place for learning what to expect the day of the exam. Besides this, it costs nothing and allows candidates to ask and answer questions. In addition, it allows direct contact with other like-minded professionals to solve a problem.
STEP 4: Have an Exam-Day Preparation Plan
Preparation for the exam must begin at least a
week prior to your exam. To clarify, there are three basic things to keep in
- Firstly make sure your exam kit is ready. In
other words, check the Exam Candidate Guide to make sure you have everything
you need for the day of your CISM exam.
- Secondly, keep yourself fresh and calm. Many
candidates fail because of mental exhaustion. Moreover, last-minute reading is
usually not a good thing, and may even leave you anxious. Further, if you think
it is important to give a final shot, do a selective reading instead. Above
all, a great tool for selective reading is using summaries or glossaries.
- Lastly, make the necessary arrangements to be
on time at the test site. Candidates cannot take the exam if they are late. In
other words, if you are using public transportation, then double check the best
routes. Above all, make sure you know where to park beforehand.
STEP 5: Take Practice Exams
- Practice exams are one the efficient ways to prepare
for the exam. In addition, there is no
substitute for practice questions when preparing for the CISM.
- Secondly, questions in practice tests are not
actual exam questions. However, the type, structure and level of difficulty
fully represent what is expected of candidates during the real test. In other
words, practice test helps candidates focus study efforts accordingly.
- Practice tests allow aspirants to measure
themselves anywhere with an internet connection. Moreover, it identifies both
strengths and weaknesses based on specific domains.
PRACTICE WITH TESTPREP FOR FREE!
From the Expert’s Desk
In conclusion there is a lot for CISM candidates to
complete before they can attain certification. However, it is well worth the
effort in the end as CISM certifications are in high demand. Further, achieving
this certification is a career changing milestone that will elevate your
professional standing within the organization. CISM certification provides you
better earnings and better understanding of security systems management within
If you are determined enough to appear for CISM
exam, then Testprep Training is what you need with you. Further, Testprep
Training provides both free and paid practice test to boost confidence.
TRY FREE VERSION FOR CISM EXAM!
TRY EXCLUSIVE PAID VERSION FOR CISM EXAM!
All the best for your exam!
GET CERTIFIED NOW
Now that you have known about the Salary of Network Security Engineer, you must be attracted to achieving it. If you wish to have it, you must have to do lots and lots of studies, unless you have a good and reliable ISACA COBIT 5 Dumps provider like that of the ITCertDumps.