Although no system is ever 100 percent protected, the ability for differentiating between typical network traffic as well as potentially harmful malware is considered crucial and provides the focus of this associate-level certification path. Also, if you wish to acquire this certification, you should gain the CCNP 350-801 Dumps, which are being offered at the ITCertDumps.
As you know, traffic over the internet is increasing at an enormous rate and with the increase of automation and technologies, companies are facing cyber security threats and information security vulnerabilities at various levels. Thus making it necessary for companies to be prepared for any cyber threat coming their way. Cyber Security Professionals not only troubleshoot the affected network architecture but also prevent the companies from upcoming information security threats and breaches.
If you are a beginner and planning to build your amazing career in cyber security and information security domain then these Top 5 Cyber Security Certifications for Beginners will help you take your first step into the world of Cyber Security. Let us have a look at them individually.
List of Top 5 Cyber Security Certifications for Beginners
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate /CCNA Cyber Ops
- OSCP with PWK (Penetration Testing with Kali Linux)
- CompTIA Security+
- EC-Council Certified Security Analyst (ECSA): Penetration Testing
1. Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
CEH is amongst the most sought after Cyber Security Certifications for Beginners. The Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Certification is the topmost ethical hacking certification to provide IT Security Professionals build a foundation of ethical hacking. A Certified Hacker will help you teach you to inspect network infrastructure with the owner’s consent to locate vulnerabilities in the network and system. The Cyber Security Professional Training Program consists of 3 certification – CEH, ESCA, and APT.
Ethical Hacking Phases – Reconnaissance, Enumeration, Gaining Access, Maintaining Access, Covering Tracks.
You can take up the Certified Ethical Hacker Training which would comprise of the below details.
Why should you take the Certified Ethical Hacking Certification?
- Establishing and governing minimum standards for credentialing professional information about security specialists in ethical hacking measures.
- Informing public that credentialed individuals meet or exceed the minimum standards
- Reinforcing ethical hacking as a unique and self-regulating profession
Who can take up the Certified Ethical Hacking Certification?
- Security Professionals
- Site Administrators
- Anyone interested in Network Infrastructure
Certified Ethical Hacking Course Outline
|Introduction to Ethical Hacking||Footprinting and Reconnaissance|
|Vulnerability Analysis||System Hacking|
|Session Hijacking||Evading IDS, Firewalls, and Honeypots|
|Hacking Web Servers||Hacking Web Applications|
|SQL Injection||Hacking Wireless Networks|
|Hacking Mobile Platforms||IoT Hacking|
Certified Ethical Hacking Certification Details
|Exam Code||312-50 (ECC Exam), 312-50 VUE|
|No. of Questions||125|
|Test Format||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Passing Score||Depends on Level of Difficulty|
The process of becoming a networker isn’t considered for the faint-hearted. It requires lots of hard work and nice and trustworthy CCNP 300-810 Dumps, like that offered at the ITCertDumps, to clear this grueling exam.
2. Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate / CCNA Cyber Ops
CCNA Cyber Ops is one of Cisco’s Best Cyber Security Certification for Beginners. The new Cisco Certified Cyber-Ops Associate Certification will prepare the candidate for associate-level job roles in the security operation center (SOCs). This certification consists of topics like foundational skills, processes, and knowledge required to prevent, detect, analyze, and respond to cybersecurity incidents. It comprises of:
- Security Concepts
- Security Monitoring
- Host-based Analysis
- Network Intrusion Analysis
- Security Policies and Procedures
New topics like access control models for digital assets, identifying protected data, malware analysis and interpretation, malware analysis and interpretation, and understanding key SOC metrics and containment of breaches.
**It is stated that CCNA Cyber Ops will provide an 8.2% growth in jobs from 2018 to 2020.
** Another research says that there would be 3.5 million job openings in cyber security domain by 2021.
How does CCNA Cyber Ops teach candidates to handle an attack?
- Design – Teaches candidates in incorporating security in your architecture to help prevent attacks
- Build – Implementing and preparing a secure design
- Monitor – Detecting and monitoring breaches and abnormalities
- Respond – Identifying entry points, determining the scope, containing threats and remediating
- Automation – Learning from attacks and systematically defending and protecting systems
Why CCNA Cyber Ops Certification?
- The CCNA Cyber Ops certification will show the world that you have the knowledge and skills to handle the security of your organization
- The content covered in the certification helps provide best practices on Cisco’s Comprehensive Security Solutions
- The Hands-on skills and practice prepare you for real-time situations
Candidates who take up the CCNA Cyber Ops Certification have the potential to earn the below salaries annually:
- North America – $118,000
- Latin America – $43,000
- Asia Pacific – $73,000
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa – $76,000
|Exam Code||210-250 SECFND||210-255 SECOPS|
|No. of Questions||60-70||50-60|
|Duration||90 minutes||90 minutes|
|Test Format||Multiple Choice Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Passing Score||750-850 out of 1000 points||750-850 out of 1000 points|
3. OSCP with PWK (Penetration Testing with Kali Linux)
This is the starting point for candidates planning to appear for Offensive Security or Penetration Testing. This ethical hacking course introduces penetration testing tools and techniques with the help of hands-on experience.
|Penetration Testing||Getting Comfortable with Kali Linux|
|Command Line Fun||Practical Tools|
|Bash Scripting||Passive Information Gathering|
|Active Information Gathering||Vulnerability Scanning|
|Web Application Attacks||Introduction to Buffer Overflows|
|Windows Buffer Overflows||Linux Buffer Overflows|
|Client Side Attacks||Locating Public Exploits|
|Fixing Exploits||File Transfers|
|Antivirus Evasion||Privilege Escalation|
|Password Attacks||Port Redirection and Tunneling|
|Active Directory Attacks||The Metasploilt Framework|
|Powershell Empire||Assembling the Pisces: Penetration Test Breakdown|
|Trying Harder: The Labs|
OSCP is the foundational course for penetration testing designed for candidates who intend to step up their skills and career.
The exam has a 24-hour time limit. Candidates must appear for a hands-on penetration test in OffSec’s isolated VPN network. Exam and connectivity instructions will be provided for the same. Points are awarded for every compromised host based on the difficulty level and level of access obtained.
Candidates are expected to submit a Penetration Test Report as a part of the examination. The report must contain in-depth notes and screenshots of their findings.
What are the benefits of PWK?
- The exam will declare you to be an Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP). An OSCP is well known and respected in the Cyber Security Industry.
- An OSCP is approached by top companies for many cybersecurity positions
- OSCPs are trained to identify vulnerabilities and execute organized attacks in a controlled and focused manner.
- They perform network pivoting, exploit existing code to their advantage, perform data exfiltration, and compromise systems due to poor configurations
Who can take up this course?
- Network Administrators
- Security Professionals
- Candidates looking for top industry certifications
- Other technology professionals
Pre-requisites for PWK
- Knowledge of bash Scripting with basic Python or Pert
- Understanding about TCP/IP Networking
- Experience with Resonable Windows and Linux Administration
Takeaways from the PWK Course
- Writings scripts and tools to help in penetration testing
- Performing remote, local privilege escalation, and client-side attacks
- Leveraging tunneling techniques to pivot between networks
- Learning from analyzing to porting public exploit code
- Learning to use the information to sun various operation systems and services
- Creative problem solving and lateral thinking skills
- Identify and exploit XSS, SQL injections and file inclusion vulnerabilities in web applications
For detailed information, click here.
4. CompTIA Security+
CompTIA Security+ is known to provide core knowledge about cybersecurity roles. It also helps candidates by providing them with intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs. CompTIA Security+ enhances hands-on skills on troubleshooting, which ensures that candidates have problem-solving skills. CompTIA Security+ candidates can identify not only threats but also address security incidents.
CompTIA Security+ Benefits:
- No other certification exam comprises of performance-based questions on the exam
- CompTIA Security+ focuses on hands-on practical skills and ensure that the security professional is a better problem solver
- It focuses on the latest technologies in risk management, risk mitigation, intrusion detection, and threat management
- It covers the following job roles – Junior IT Auditor, Penetration Tester, Security Administrator, Systems Administrators, Network Administrator.
What skills will you learn with CompTIA Security+
- Detecting various types of threats and understand about penetration testing and vulnerability scanning concepts
- Installing, Configuring, and Deploying Components
- Implementing Secure Network Architecture Concepts
- Installing and configuring identity and access services
- Implementing and summarizing risk management best practices
- Installing and configuring wireless security settings
- System Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Security Administrator
- IT Auditor/ Penetration Tester
- Security Specialist
- Security Engineer
- Security Consultant
|No. of Questions||Maximum 90|
|Test Format||Multiple Choice Questions and Performance Based Questions|
|Passing Score||750 (On a scale of 100-900)|
5. EC-Council Certified Security Analyst (ECSA): Penetration Testing
Last but not the least, The ECSA Certification ranks number 5 among the Top Cyber Security Certifications for Beginners. The ECSA Certification is an extension of the CEH Certification. The ECSA Certification helps the candidates to enhance their knowledge and skills using the tools and techniques learned in Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Certification. The candidate will focus on penetration methodology along with hands-on learning.
- Penetration Testing Essential Concepts (Self-Study)
- Introduction to Penetration Testing and Methodologies
- Penetration Testing Scoping and Engagement Methodology
- Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT) Methodology
- Social Engineering Penetration Testing Methodology
- Network Penetration Testing Methodology – External
- Network Penetration Testing Methodology – Internal
- Network Penetration Testing Methodology – Perimeter Devices
- Web Application Penetration Testing Methodology
- Database Penetration Testing Methodology
- Wireless Penetration Testing Methodology
- Cloud Penetration Testing Methodology
- Report Writing and Post Testing Actions
- Ethical Hackers
- Penetration Testers
- Network server administrators
- Firewall Administrators
- Security Testers
- System Administrators
- Risk Assessment professionals
|Exam Code||EC-Council Certified Security Analyst|
|No. of Questions||150|
|Test Format||Multiple Choice Questions|
These Cyber Security Certifications for Beginners will provide you with all the knowledge and skills required to kick off your career in networking.
If you know any more Cyber Security Certifications for Beginners, do let us know in the comments section below.
If you wish to have all the perks of being certified with the exam, you should checkout the CCNP 300-815 Dumps offered in the ITCertDumps’s Bootcamp Program.